Each year as we come to credential renewal time as a collective family acknowledging our Godly calling and assignment. The calling is to follow Jesus and the assignment is the work He gives us to do along the way. Paul exhorts the Ephesian elders in Acts 20:28 to, “Keep watch over yourselves and all the flock of which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers. Be shepherds of the church of God, which he bought with his own blood.” There are important instructions here that are keys to finishing well. First, as ministers you must keep watch over yourselves. It is our responsibility to see that we live healthy in body, soul and spirit in order to keep watch over the flock of God with integrity. Second we must remember this assignment was given by the Holy Spirit and third, this “flock” wherever or whomever that may be is first and foremost God’s church which He purchased with his own blood. As you complete this renewal and make your payment, may it be a simple but tangible reminder of the privilege we have to love and serve the flock of God and the responsibility to watch over ourselves so that we are healthy for those we lead.
On a practical level, here is some information about four important areas:
1) Contact Information Distribution
2) Minister’s Code of Ethics
3) Online resources
2. Minister's Code of Ethics
3. Online Resources
As always, you can access resources at Foursquare.org. including the bylaws (search for keyword “bylaws”), the Child and Youth Protection Manual and Video (search for keyword “protection”) and Global Distinctives (search for keyword “distinctives”).
As you probably know, we launched The Foursquare Hub this summer and we are encouraging all credentialed ministers to login to The Hub to complete the license renewal declarations and payment process. Here is the link to The Hub. If this is your first time logging in to The Hub, please click on “Forgot your password” and a new password link will be sent to the same email address as this email. When you login to The Hub, you will find yourself at your individual page. On the left side will be a panel with your name in it. Just below that panel will be another panel with a Renew Now button.
- Please click on the Renew Now button.
- Please complete your declarations by clicking on the appropriate answers. You will not advance to the payment process unless you agree to the declarations.
- After you complete the declarations, please click on the Next button.
- If you are making the payment, then please click on the Pay Now button and proceed to the Shopping Cart.
- If your church is making the payment for you, then please click on the Pay Later button, and advise your church administrator that you have completed your declarations.
- If you would like to record Continuing Education, then return to your Individual Page by clicking on The Hub icon, select the All Activities tab, scroll down to the Continuing Education section, click on the “+” and proceed.
- If you have questions, please call Cindy Cauble, NEA District Licensing Coordinator, directly: 704.412.5900 x254 or email her: firstname.lastname@example.org.